KPI cards in Biuwer allow for the visual representation of totalised numerical values. They are usually used in pages to compose dashboards and their purpose is to serve as a summary.
Example of KPI cards in Biuwer
A KPI card supports multiple queries, so that as many total numeric values as needed can be incorporated into the same card. However, regardless of this, when configuring the card, only metric type fields are supported, to which an aggregation function has been applied, in order to obtain a single total value.
To configure the display of a KPI card, from the "Visualization" tab of the Data Card Editor:
- 1.Select one or more metric type fields from the "Available fields" and drag it to the "Indicator location" block on the right.
- 2.Press the "Preview" button to show step-by-step how the card is displayed.
- 3.You can configure different layouts for the location of various metrics.
Configuring a KPI card in Biuwer
Using the pencil icon on each metric you access the indicator settings with multiple options:
- Configuration. You can indicate the vertical position of the indicator, its numerical format and visual style. You can also specify an icon among the catalog of available icons and if it is a time metric, that is, it measures a temporary duration, you can specify what it means (seconds, minutes, hours, days, etc.) and what time format you want to use. In addition to the indicator, you can display a text around it indicating a particular visual format, even with a custom icon.
Options for setting up an indicator on a KPI card
- Box style. You can specify a background color, borders and even indentation, for each of the four sides of the box.
Applying box styles to an indicator on a KPI card
- Conditional style. It is possible to specify one or more conditional styles, based on arithmetic conditions that the indicator value reaches. For each added condition it is possible to apply again a totally different configuration and box style, in all its parameters.
Applying conditional styles to an indicator on a KPI card
Below is a visual example of a KPI applying other styles and formats.
Example of a KPI card with applied formats